Trinity United Church Website - Policy and User Guidelines
Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam
Trinity United Church Mission Statement.
“Reaching out in faith, Trinity is a worshipping, welcoming community which seeks and teaches the way of Jesus.”
Use this website is for personal, educational, or non-commercial purposes.
This website will not be used to infringe on the personal rights, property rights, or privacy rights of others.
The content of the website may not be altered or modified.
The user will not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of netiquette, or any other similar, malicious, careless, or negligent conduct.
Except where and then only in the manner expressly permitted, you will not upload content and you will never upload computer code of any type to this website.
The user acknowledges that they have no right to the intellectual property on this website and that only a limited right to use this website has been granted.
You acknowledge that Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
The user agrees to be bound by the laws in British Columbia with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place exclusively in the courts of British Columbia.
This Site is owned and operated by Trinity United Church of Port Coquitlam, BC, and the Church may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability to you. Your use of this Site may be monitored by the Church and used for internal Church purposes (subject to our Privacy statement) without liability to you, as provided for by law.
The material posted on the Church website is not an official statement of Church policy, practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to provide immediate and convenient access to information and so while efforts are made to provide accuracy and currency, the Church cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is always accurate or current. The Church does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web pages.
Bylaws, Elder’s Council Minutes and Church Policies
The Church's bylaws, Elder’s Council meeting records, and policies on the Site are electronic copies made for uploading to the Site and so are not official versions. The official format may be different and may also have plans, pictures, other graphics, or text that may be missing or altered.
To get official versions of these electronic copies, contact the Church directly.
Limited License and Restrictions on Use
The use of photos, graphics, and text – the ‘materials' – from the website may be used only if:
- It would bring positive attention to the Church;
- Be limited to public sections of websites;
- Shall reference the source of the materials; and
- Does not imply or convey the impression that the Church endorses the reuse of the materials.
Except as expressly authorized by the Church in writing, the user may not (or enable others to):
- Modify, copy, obscure, remove, or display the Church's name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without Trinity United Church’s express written permission.
- Include the term "Trinity United Church," or the name of the minister, any member of the Church Council, or staff member, or any variation of the foregoing, as a metatag, hidden textual element, or any other indicator that creates an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by Church.
Links to External Sites
Links to external websites posted on the Church's website contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the Church. The Church does not endorse, approve, certify, or control external websites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficiency, timeliness or correctness of the information located at the sites.
Linking to this Site.
You may not link to this Site unless you comply with these linking conditions ("Linking Conditions"). The Church now grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to this Site ("Link"), provided you comply at all times with the following conditions:
You agree that you are solely responsible for all information, data, content, text, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages, comments, quotations, files, documents, and any other materials that you submit, upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site ("Content"). The Church does not control and is not responsible for the content uploaded via the Site, and the Church neither guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness of nor endorses any Content submitted to the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, menacing, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, offensive, blasphemous, libelous, unlawful, invasive of another's privacy or public rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable to the local community as determined by the Church in its sole discretion;
- Post any content that personally attacks or is derogatory toward the Church as an entity, Church employees, any Church products or services, or any Church Materials;
- Harm minors or other vulnerable populations groups in any way, including, but not limited to, posting content that violates pornography or child pornography laws, sexual exploitation laws, or laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships or obligations;
- Post any content that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any patent, official mark, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or proprietary right or any moral right of any party;
- Except where reasonably required for the purposes of that section of the Site, post any personal information or specific account details about yourself or any person or entity;
- Post any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Post any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- ..or intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws, rules, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, or statutes.
The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account information, user names, log-ins, passwords, and security questions and answers that you use to access any page or feature on this Site, and for logging off of your account and any protected areas of the Site. Further, you are fully responsible for all activities occurring under your accounts, user names, log-ins, passwords, and security questions and answers that result from your negligence, carelessness, misconduct, or failure to use or maintain appropriate security measures. If you become aware of any suspicious or unauthorized conduct concerning your accounts, user names, log-ins, passwords, or security questions and answers, you agree to contact the Church. The Church will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
Data, Information and Content
Except where expressly permitted and then only to the extent otherwise stated, the materials on this Site are for information, education, and non-commercial purposes only. Although the Church may provide data, information, and content relating to the operations of the Church, you should not construe any such information or other content available through this Site as legal or tax advice.
All official marks, trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on this Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
All Church graphics, logos, page headers, and service names are official marks, emblems, or trademarks of the Church. The Church's official marks, emblems and trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not the Church's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among members of the public, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the Church.
Data and other materials appearing on this Site that are provided by third parties are believed by the Church to be obtained from reliable sources, but the Church cannot guarantee and is not responsible for their accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability for use. The Church is not responsible for, and does not prepare, edit, or endorse, the content, advertising, products, or other content on or available from any website owned or operated by a third party that is linked to this Site via hyperlink. You will use any such third-party content at your own risk and you agree that the Church is not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using third-party websites or their content.
You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of this Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the full extent permitted under applicable law, the Church and its affiliates, and their respective Councillors, officials, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and any third-party information providers and vendors (collectively, the “Church Group”) expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose, and all warranties regarding security, currency, correctness, quality, accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance, timeliness, or continued availability, with respect to (i) the Site; (ii) any materials, products, or services available on or through the Site; (iii) use of the Site, materials, products, or services; and (iv) the results of the use of the Site, materials, products, or services.
Except as provided by law, the Church Group has no responsibility to maintain the materials, products, or services offered on the Site or to supply corrections, updates, or releases for the same.
Liability and Indemnity
Any materials downloaded or otherwise obtained through this Site are done at your own risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other equipment, or loss of data that results from such download.
Under no circumstances will the Church Group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, revenue, income, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, or damages caused by theft, unauthorized access, systems failure, or communications line failure, or the cost of procuring substitute goods or services, caused by the use of or inability to use the Site, materials or any products or services provided on this Site, or any other matter relating to this Site, even if the Church Group has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Integration and Severability
Applicable Law and Venue