The duties of the Communication and Outreach Committee extend throughout the congregation at Trinity United church and into the wider church and ecumenical community.
- To gather information relating to the life and work of the church from all available sources.
- To communicate information of interest to the United Church of Canada and to the Congregation:
- within the church
- to the community
- from the community
- To prepare and issue Congregational publications (e.g. Trinity News).
- To undertake an effective advertising program with the approval of the Council.
- To communicate the viewpoints and policies of the Congregation to the Committees
- To report events of special interest to the appropriate news media.
- To promote and administer use of name tags.
- To oversee the bulletin boards and literature racks.
- To promote and administer Observer subscriptions.
- To devise and promote an effective program of missionary and outreach education.
- To assess appeals from benevolent organizations and recommend appropriate action to the Council.
- To assess community problems (housing, delinquency, alcoholism etc.) and recommend appropriate action to the Council.
Trinity's current major program - Syrian Relief.