Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam, BC
Position Summary – Office Administrator
The Office Administrator manages the church office and performs various administrative tasks, working closely with the ministry and other ministry leaders. S/he is a key member of our ministry team, who offers essential support to the ongoing work of this congregation. S/he keeps us all connected, organized, and better able to serve the needs of our church community and wider neighbourhood.
This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week, paid at a competitive rate based on experience. The excellent benefits package includes BC medical, extended health, dental, life insurance coverage, and pension, following United Church of Canada guidelines.
We are seeking:
- An organized, detail-oriented, and caring “people person,” with excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- A skilled communicator, comfortable with interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, with respect towards others. Honesty, trustworthiness and a sound work ethic are essential.
- Excellent computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook. Ease with the web and social media communication, and familiarity with databases.
- An independent worker who also collaborates well on a team.
- Ability to think on one’s feet, troubleshoot, and adapt to change as our church continues to develop.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ office experience.
- Familiarity with (or willingness to learn more about) the United Church of Canada is a plus.
Key ongoing responsibilities of the position include:
- Communicate with ministry staff and other staff.
- Receive visitors, answer the telephone, reply to messages as required and refer calls to other persons as needed.
- Provide general secretarial duties in support of ministry staff and other ministry groups.
- Prepare weekly order of service and bulletins for other special services.
- Manage the office computer systems and photocopier.
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies and materials.
- Maintain the record books.
- Book weddings and funerals in the church.
- Book facilities and rooms as required.
- Complete government forms.
Anticipated start date August 19, 2019. There will be a three-month probationary period. All employees must provide at time of hire a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector search obtained within the last 12 months. Please submit a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com, Attention: Hiring Committee, with the subject line Office Administrator Position, by Friday, May 31, 2019. No phone enquiries, please. Only those considered for employment will be contacted.