You are invited to join us in responding to the call and vision of the United Church of Canada:
"Called by God, as disciples of Jesus, The United Church of Canada seeks to be a bold, connected, evolving church of diverse, courageous, hope-filled communities united in deep spirituality, inspiring worship, and daring justice.”*
*Strategic Plan [of the United Church of Canada] (Nov 20, 2022)
What We Do:
- Weekly in-person and livestreamed worship, featuring a four-part choir, inspiring preaching, and close knit community
- Sunday Explore children’s programing
- Community events: Trunk sales, Bazaar, Teas
- Connection to Healing Hands Ministry
- A busy Thrift Shop that provides service to the wider community
- Baptism, weddings, funerals
- Multiple book studies and learning opportunities
- Many opportunities for companionship and sharing our lives
- Pastoral care and spiritual guidance
- Mission and Service that reaches out around the world
- Local community support: Share food bank, Community Kitchen, Winter Shelter
- A progressive theology that provides inclusive, fun, affirming community for everyone
- A building used by a wide range of community groups: Kiddies Corner, PoCo Gardening club, 12 Step groups, Baha’i, Hang Tough, Choral Connections…
- Camp Spirit, summer day camp for children and youth
- Sponsorship and support of Refugee and new to Canada families
We are the hands and feet of Christ.
All this ministry is made possible by your generous giving. Your time. Your skills. Your financial offering. Your generous gifts are received with gratitude and appreciation.
The value of a dollar
Things you can buy for $2.
- A plain black coffee
- A can of pop
- A small bag of chips
- A small candy bar
What we are asking
All gifts of time, talent, skill, presence, participation, and affection are welcome, well received and appreciated. Thank you.
We ask that you give within your means. Please do not give more than you can responsibly afford.
The cost of living has increased for all of us. Our annual expenses as a congregation also increase every year. Salaries, Utilities, Insurance, and other resources all cost more each year.
We ask that you prioritize the work of your church. We ask that all identifiable givers increase their offering by some margin, knowing that an average of $2 a week from each identifiable giver would significantly increase our sustainability.
Ways you can give financially:
- Write a cheque and mail it to or drop it off at the office
- Weekly or monthly offering can be placed in the collection plate at the main door into the sanctuary before worship, or at the front of the church immediately following worship
- Envelopes are available through the office for cash or cheque offerings
- Pre Authorized Remittance (PAR). The benefits of PAR are that it ensures a predictable contribution level to the church; allows contributions to continue even if you are away; ensures a sustainable church; helps us meet our financial commitments year round; helps you plan your givings; environmentally friendly
- Click on the “Donate” button on our website (or below!) to give using your credit card, regular payments can also be set up online through the website